Friday, August 8, 2008

Camilla - Part 2: The Dream

This post will continue the story of Camilla, the "ghost" that haunted our house when we were young. You can read Part 1 here.

In our house, all the bedrooms were upstairs. Mom and Dad's bedroom had a doorway connecting their room to Jill's (my sister). My room was across the hall from both of their rooms. I may have been around 8-10 years old, Jill was 6-8 years old. Dad was working nights, so it was just Mom asleep in their room. Jill was asleep in her room. And I was asleep in my room. At the time I had two small pewter figures that I carried everywhere, one was a knight and one was a viking. They both had sharp points, the knight had his sword and the viking had the horns on his helmet. And this particular night I had both figures lying on the floor by my bed.

So we had all gone to bed. I was sound asleep. The next thing I knew Jill was standing beside my bed screaming at the top of her lungs. My first thought was that she had stepped on those figures and hurt her foot, but that wasn't it. Mom came running in. Jill was crying and by now I was crying too, I didn't know what was going on. Later Mom said she thought Jill had fallen down the stairs.

So after Jill calmed down, she told us she had seen a ghost. It turned out to be a dream. And the dream caused her to sleep on a cot in my bedroom for the next few months. The dream was this (to the best of my memory):

She had seen a white, bald, faceless mannequin type figure coming into her room from Mom and Dad's room. And it had a similar-looking friend behind it in Mom's room. And they were looking for marshmallows to eat.

When Jill dreamed this she thought it was real. We're not sure if she then walked in her sleep or just came into my room half-asleep, but regardless it scared all of us that night!!! And it was the basis for many ghost hunts in the years to come.

Tune in next Friday for Part 3 of the trilogy of posts regarding Camilla. It explains how we found out what her name was. . .


*** In March of 2000, I recorded a song called "Camilla". It was about our ghost hunting while growing up. It talks about Bloody Mary, the Spirit Bird (as discussed in this previous post), and a dream Jill had of a white mannequin-thing eating marshmallows that scared her half to death! Tune in next Friday for the conclusion of the Camilla story.

Click here to listen to "Camilla"
Click here to read the lyrics to the song

No comments: