Friday, August 22, 2008

Camilla - Bonus

Since posting the original 3-part series on Camilla (part 1, part 2, part 3) Jill has emailed a part of this storyline that I never knew. This is her addition to the story.

The Camilla stories triggered my memory as to the origin of the name "Camilla". One day when Amy [one of her friends] was over and her and I were by ourselves I was telling her about our "ghost" when we thought we heard something (I don't think you were home). I doubt there actually was any noise, we had just gotten ourselves scared talking about it. Anyway, we ran outside and we were sitting near the street on the south side of the house. We were too scared to go back in and then Amy said she saw the ghost looking out the little window on the staircase. I think I actually believed her, too, but she said the ghost's name was Camilla. I had never heard that name before so I thought maybe Amy could communicate with the ghost (just like the spirit bird). Anyway, we continued referring to the ghost as Camilla for a long time and finally one day I asked her where she came up with that name. She said it was the name of Grover's pet chicken on Muppet Babies. I was pretty disappointed at that because it was silly.

I guess I had heard them referring to the ghost as Camilla, so when I did the ghost writing experiment that was the name I wrote down for the ghost.

So this brings to a close the saga of Camilla. If anyone else has any more information regarding this not-so-supernatural story, please send it to me at avatarmud@gmail.com.

Thanks again to Jill for her contribution.


*** In March of 2000, I recorded a song called "Camilla". It was about our ghost hunting while growing up. It talks about Bloody Mary, the Spirit Bird (as discussed in this previous post), and a dream Jill had of a white mannequin-thing eating marshmallows that scared her half to death!

Click here to listen to "Camilla"
Click here to read the lyrics to the song

No comments: