Friday, June 27, 2008

Monster in the Closet

One of our interests while growing up was anything having to do with the supernatural. Harry, Jill, and I would tape record in our house to try to catch ghosts talking or making other noises. Over the years we held seances, used a home-made Ouija board, and tried other methods of communicating with the dead.

So when we didn't get the results we wanted, sometimes we created our own. One such manufactured tale took place in what was my bedroom at the time. We were upstairs telling the usual ghost stories and hoping something would happen. But as was always the case, nothing was happening. So while Harry kept Jill occupied in her room I went down the hall to my room, created some commotion, slammed my closet door, then used my fingernails to scrape 'claw marks' on the inside of my bedroom door frame.

I then ran back to the others and explained what had happened: a large wolf-like beast had leapt at me from my closet and as I barely escaped my bedroom it swiped at me with its razor-sharp claws and scratched the doorway. I then took them to my room and showed them the marks on the door.

2008 06-27 Claw marks

As you can see in the above picture, the 'claw marks' are still there in 2008. I believe Harry and I were in on this together, but little Jill believed the story. So we finally got what we had been after for a long time, our own ghost story.

No comments: